FootGolf comes to the Waikato
Given away by the name FootGolf is a brand new sport combining these two great games.
Here is a quick introduction to the sport if you have never heard of it, it’s pretty simple:
- The game is played the same way as golf except players use a football.
- The ball is kicked rather than being struck with a club.
- The hole is a fair bit larger to accommodate the ball, measuring 21 inches wide.
- Typically played on shorter holes as its harder to achieve the same distance by kicking.
- Believed to have originated in the Netherlands in 2008.
- NO soccer boots or cleats to be worn on the course